Buying a Lot or Home In Point La Vista
Owning in Point La Vista has many rewards. Our location on the south east side of Cedar Creek Lake puts us within a few minutes from Malakoff, Athens and Gun Barrel City where you will find everything from big box retail stores to small boutique shops offering apparel, décor and antiques. Dinning options range from national chains to local favorites. If you can't find what your looking for locally, the larger city's of Tyler and Corsicana are about 45 minutes away and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex is about an hour away. So it your looking for a weekend getaway to escape the frantic city life or looking to live in a friendly, wooded, lakeside community, Point La Vista offers it all.
Information for perspective buyers
- Point La Vista (PLV) is not in any incorporated city. This means there are no city property taxes assessed.
- Mailing addresses are listed as Malakoff as it's the closest post office
- School aged children go to the Malakoff schools and school buses do pickup in PLV
- There are two sections to PLV. Section 1 does not allow mobile homes. Section 2 does allow mobile homes. Chick these links to see the Covance, Conditions and Restrictions for the respective section: Section 1 Section 2
- The Point La Vista (PLV) Property Owners Association (POA) is a mandatory POA. This means that all owners automatically become members are and required to pay annual dues and adhere to the Conventions, Conditions and Restrictions that are bound to the lot.
- The PLV POA maintains the Right of First Refusal. This means that once a deal is made to purchase property within PLV, the conditions of sale included price needs to be provided to the POA. We will then consider weather we wish to purchase the property under those terms. In all likelihood the POA will provide a letter waving the POAs right.
- It's important you know if the current owner is current of their account. If you purchase a property that has an outstanding balance you as the new owner are responsible for the entire amount owed.
- Please check the Fee Schedule for all the dues and fee amounts collected by the POA.
- If you are buying a vacant lot and thinking of building please check out the Before You Build Section for more information
Utilities Serving Point La Vista
- All homes are required to connected to public water and sewer services provided to PLV by Lakeshore Utility in Athens, TX
- Electricity hookup is provided by Oncor. If you provide they a PLV address and they inform you they don't service that address, provide them the lots number and point la vista. They sometimes have it listed that way instead of by postal address.
- While Oncor provides hookups and maintains the power lines, you can purchase your electricity from many retail provides as Texas is a deregulated state. There are many provers and many plan types to choose from. Once source for information on retail provider from the Texas Utility Commission is Power To Choose
- Land Line telephone service is provided by Century Link
- There are no Cable providers servicing PLV at this time
- For a list of potential internet providers please check the address your looking at on the FCC's website and then verify the information with the provider directly.