- Before You Build
BEFORE you BUILD within Point La Vista (PLV)
BEFORE ANY construction begins within Point La Vista (PLV)
1. If this is a new purchase check out the before you buy section of the website
2. Have a site survey prepared
3. Understand what section the lot(s) are in and if in section 1 what classification (waterfront, Adjacent to/Across from waterfront or interior).
Here is a link to a color coded map of PLV.
Then refer to the Point La Vista CCRs, found under the Documents -> Downloads for the various requirements.
NOTE: Set backs as specified in the Point La Vista CCRs are:
- No improvements or buildings shall be erected or constructed on any Lot nearer than 20 feet to the front property line, nor set back less than 5 feet to the side property line, except that in the case of corner lots, no improvements or buildings shall be erected or constructed within eight feet of side property lines adjacent to streets.
- The POA reserves to itself an easement or right-of-way over a five-foot strip along the side, front and rear boundary lines of each Lot, for the purposes of installation or maintenance of public utilities, including, but not limited to, gas, water, electricity, telephone, drainage and sewerage and/or to trim trees, shrubs and/or plants. This reservation is for the purpose of providing for the practical installation of such utilities as and when any public or private authority or utility company may desire to serve said Lots with no obligation to the Developer to supply such services
NOTE: All buildings must be completed not later than six months after laying foundation or beginning of construction, and no structure of a temporary character, trailer, mobile home, bus, tent, shack, barn or other out-building, nonconforming structure or any type of manufactured housing shall be used on a Lot at any time as a residence, either temporarily or permanently.
4. Submit all plans to the PLV Secretary at Secretary@Pointlavista.com who will distribute them to the Architectural Review Committee for review.
Downloadable samples of the required documents:
Site Survey Building/Floor Plans Materials List Construction Schedule
5. Along with all plans, mail a check to Point La Vista POA at 15367 Paso Real, Malakoff, TX 75148 for the required construction fee of $1,000.
6. The POA Secretary will provide a written approval of the plans from the Board of Directors prior to beginning ANY construction. Do not start construction until you have received written approval.
- Should the construction fee be returned for insufficient funds, you will be notified and all construction MUST CEASE immediately until good funds are received plus A $30 fee charged for checks returned for insufficient funds.
- Failure to cease construction upon notice for beginning work without having PLV approval will result in a daily penalty fee of $250 being assessed, beginning on the date of said notification and continuing until on site confirmation that construction has, in fact, ceased.
- Failure to cease construction upon notification of ANY insufficient funds (construction fees, penalties, etc.) will result in a daily penalty fee of $250, beginning on the date of said notification and continuing until notice of good funds is received from the bank.
All Point La Vista contact information is found under Contact Us