BEFORE you BUILD within Point La Vista (PLV)
Written approval is required BEFORE: Moving a mobile home into PLV, starting to build a new home, carport, garage or starting an addition that adds 25% or more of livable (enclosed and conditioned) square footage within Point La Vista (PLV).
1. If this is a new purchase check out the before you buy section of the website
2. Have a site survey prepared
3. Understand what section the lot(s) are in and if in section 1 what classification (waterfront, Adjacent to/Across from waterfront or interior).
Here is a link to a color coded map of PLV.
Then refer to the Point La Vista CCRs, found under the Documents -> Downloads for the various requirements.
NOTE: Set backs as specified in the Point La Vista CCRs are:
NOTE: All buildings must be completed not later than six months after laying foundation or beginning of construction, and no structure of a temporary character, trailer, mobile home, bus, tent, shack, barn or other out-building, nonconforming structure or any type of manufactured housing shall be used on a Lot at any time as a residence, either temporarily or permanently.
5. Gather the required supporting information:
A. Site survey - For new build is must show the location of the new house/mobile. For additions it needs to show the location of the current buildings
B. Building/Floor Plans/Blueprints
C. Materials List
D. Construction Schedule
E. Only if building within easements or across lots: Provide that there is no utilities in the easements. This can be letter(s) from the Water and Sewer Utilities stating that there are no existing Utilities in easements and they don't foresee needing the easement in the future. In lieu of a letter from the telephone, DSL internet and electricity providers, you can provide a written report from the 811 marking service showing no utilities are in the easement(s).
Downloadable samples of the required documents:
6. Mail the filled out form and required documents to Point La Vista POA C/O Christie 108 N Houston Bullard TX 75757 or email them to Christie@RoseCityManagement.com
7. Mail a check for any outstanding balance with the POA along with the required $1,000 construction fee to Point La Vista POA C/O Christie 108 N Houston Bullard TX 75757.
8. Once the fee, completed form and required documents are all received, the form and documents will be distributed to the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) for review. Only the ACC can approve or deny a request. NO requests will be reviewed prior to all requirements being met. If the ACC approves your request you will be sent a written approval of the plans. Starting work before you have received written approval is a violation of the CCRs.